Using dark chocolate as the basis for this recipe makes them super indulgent. Waiting for the baked cookies to cool down before eating is an essential step so you can fully enjoy the contrast of the crunchy outside and the pleasure of it melting in your mouth. If you make one recipe from our plant-powered recipes PDF, this is our co-founder Natalia’s personal favourite.
If you need any more recipe inspiration then look no further than our protein cookies guide.
- 1 Flax egg
- 100g 70% Dark chocolate
- 30g Coconut oil
- 85g Coconut sugar
- 55g Self-raising flour
- 20g Superblend Choc Salted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 30g Cashew nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°c fan assisted. Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flaxseed with 3 tbsp water in a bowl and place it aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie/water bath and add in the coconut oil. Whisk coconut sugar, flax egg and vanilla in a bowl. Add in the chocolate oil mix. Whisk.
- Add in the flour, Superblend Choc Salted and crushed cashew nuts. Mix well. Spoon heaped spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten them.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake them for 10 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake so that they retain their gooeyness. Cool for 15 minutes before eating.