We’re amazingly lucky to be able to showcase recipes from the wonderfully talented Maria Koutsogiannis of Food by Maria. This vegan soup recipe is delicious!
A lover of organic whole foods and plant-based eating advocate, Maria’s recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, and simple to prepare. Most importantly however they are full of flavour and as recipes, actually, work.
Just 5 minutes prep and 30 minutes cook time, enjoy this healthy, warming winter soup.
- 4 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- ¼ of a large white onion, diced
- 3 large white potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp dill (dry)
- Boiled water — enough to just cover the potatoes
- 1 sachet of your favourite vegetable stock (Knorr, Or Kallo) (I used this because I didnt have any Vegetable Stock on hand, but if you do, use instead!)
- 1 cup of grated coconut cheese
- 1 cup of coconut milk (from carton)
- Into a large pot add your EVOO. Then drop in your onions, and sweat down for around 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir to avoid burning.
- Once caramelized add your potatoes, and season with salt, pepper, and dill. Stir, and simmer on medium for around 10 minutes, till the potatoes have a golden exterior.
- Turn heat to high, add your water, and vegetable stalk.
- Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat till your potatoes are completely cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Once your potatoes are cooked, remove pot from heat and transfer mixture to your high speed blender. I had to blend twice.
- Transfer your blended soup back into the pot, and add your cheese, and coconut milk.
- Reheat for 3 minutes, and serve hot!
- Garnish with Fresh Dill, EVOO, and fresh squeezed lime.