Vegan Sweet Curry Soup
Courtesy of the talented Maria Koutsogiannis of Food by Maria this vegan sweet curry soup is simple to make and packed full of flavour, herbs and spices including the ‘wonderspice’ and proven anti-inflammatory Turmeric.
Just 5 minute prep time and 45 minutes on the hob, what are you waiting for?!
- 1 white onion, cubed
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- ¾ tsbp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- 1 tbsp sweet yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium sized white potatoes, cubed
- 1L of Pacific Organic Vegetable Stalk (LOW SODIUM) — other add less salt
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1 large zucchini, cut width wise
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- Prepare all your veg by cleaning, cutting and cubing. Set aside.
- To a large pot add 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Let it heat up briefly then add your white onion. Let it sweat for around 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add all your seasoning, and garlic. Give it a good stir then add your potatoes.
- Let these cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes to get a nice brown colour. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Add your stalk, and water. Bring it up to a boil, and then simmer for around 20–25 minutes. Half way through the simmering process add your zucchini.
- After 20–25 minutes add your coconut milk. Before adding the pot to the blender do a fork text to ensure your potatoes are cooked.