White Chocolate & Cranberry Oatmeal Protein Cookies
This tasty bake comes courtesy of recipe developer, photographer and friend of Form, Natalie Penny, and is perfect for all the extra time you might find yourself with during that holiday season downtime. A great cookie ingredient, cranberries are high in nutrients and antioxidants, while the add of our Vanilla Performance ups that protein content nicely.
- 150g rolled jumbo oats
- 150g GF 1:1 plain flour
- 150g coconut sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp Performance Vanilla
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 120g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 4 tbsp oat milk
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbs boiling water
- 150g fresh cranberries/75g dried cranberries
- 60g vegan white chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 140°C fan.
- Mix the oats, flour, coconut, sugar, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pan over a medium heat and stir until melted, remove from the heat, and add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract or bean paste, and 4 tbsp of oat milk, stir to combine and set aside.
- Put the bicarb in a small bowl and stir in the boiling water, then add to the oil mixture. It will froth a little.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Roll tablespoons into walnut sized pieces and place roughly 5 cm apart on baking parchment. Flatten them slightly with your palm.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until a golden brown. They will firm up a little more once cooled.
- Remove from the baking sheet and onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.