What is more comforting than a bowl of porridge? A spiced apple and pear compote on top! This recipe will warm up cold mornings and brighten up winter days. The compote is uncomplicated to make and lasts over a week in the fridge, so you can prepare on Sunday and enjoy it all week!
- ½ cup Oats
- 1 cup Oat milk
- 1 tbsp Pureblend or Performance Vanilla
- ½ Cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Almond extract
- Maple syrup to taste
- 3 Pears (a firm variety such as Bosc, Anjou or Concorde)
- 2 Apples (Granny Smith, Braeburn, Fuji and Pink Lady have great texture and won't soften too much when you cook them)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Stir all the ingredients — except for the protein powder — in a saucepan on low heat until creamy. Once porridge achieves the desired consistency, remove it from heat. Add in the protein, mix well and add a splash of milk if necessary. Transfer it into your bowl.
- Top with spiced apple & pears, almond butter and chopped roasted cashew nuts. Enjoy!
- Peel the apples and pears, remove the core and chop them into small pieces.
- Add them to a pan, mix with coconut sugar, water, place the cinnamon stick and simmer in low/medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Store in a sealed jar and keep it in the fridge for 7 days.