Scones are a quintessential British afternoon tea staple. Here we’ve added in a few twists: boosting its protein content with our Performance Vanilla. And adding in Blueberries and Lemon to make it more summery and fresh.
- 80g Performance Vanilla
- 200g Self-raising flour
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 250g Coconut yogurt
- 50g Fresh blueberries
- Coconut yogurt
- Blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 200c or 180c fan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in the lemon juice, zest and yoghurt and stir, using a spatula, until the mixture comes together in a soft but dry dough.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest and form the mixture into a ball on a lightly floured surface, then roll out to 3cm thick. (If the dough is too wet, add more flour and if it’s too dry add more yoghurt until you reach the correct consistency).
- Use a cookie cutter or glass (around 5 cm) to cut out scones (don’t twist it) then place on a baking sheet.
- Brush with some plant-based milk then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt and blueberry jam.