Do baked goods get any more irresistible than the doughnut? They do with a solid helping of our Performance Choc Peanut. Endlessly moreish we’ve also made some healthy swaps in this recipe, including the use of coconut sugar, a good source of magnesium, potassium, and vitamin C, and one of the most sustainable sweeteners around according to the UN.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- A large pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp Performance Choc Peanut or Superblend Choc Peanut
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup & 3 tbsp of almond milk
- 1/4 cup groundnut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract ⠀
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar ⠀
- ¼ cup runny sugar free smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan. ⠀
- Grease a 12 ring donut pan or two 6 ring pans. ⠀
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Do the same for all the wet ingredients. ⠀
- Combine wet into the dry; don't over mix.⠀
- Divide the mix into the doughnut rings and bake for around 20 minutes.
- While the doughnuts are baking, mix and melt all the ingredients for the glazing in a pan over a medium heat.
- Take the doughnuts out of the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.⠀
- Once cooled, dip them into the glazing and decorate.