A bountiful source of fibre for gut health, and vitamins A and C, sweet potatoes are a tasty, nutritious carb you’d do well to have in regular stock. Plus the orange and purple varieties are rich in antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals and the resulting inflammation and risk of chronic illness.
Take advantage of all those nutritious powers then with this winter warming soup, topped up with our Pureblend, an unflavoured, unsweetened plant-based protein perfect for cooking and baking.
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp Pureblend
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups sweet potato water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato and boil for 10-15 minutes until it is very tender (cooking time depends on how small the pieces are).
- Meanwhile, chop the onion.
- Save 2 cups of the sweet potato water before draining it. Rest.
- In the same pan add the coconut oil, once its melted add the onion, chilli powder and curry powder. Fry the onion until soft.
- Add water, coconut cream and sweet potato to the blender and blend until smooth. Add protein and blend again.
- Pour the sweet potato cream into the pan, add salt and pepper to taste.