Earthy Mushroom Soup
This protein-packed Earthy Mushroom soup is taken from our Savoury Recipe book, a free download featuring 10 easy-to-make dips and soups made using our unflavoured Pureblend protein.
Mushrooms have long been researched for their incredible medicinal properties. This soup is great for not only boosting your immune system, but it also contains Vitamin D – which plays an important role in regulating mood and warding off depression.
Best of all, the addition of four tablespoons of Form’s Pureblend protein in this recipe will add an extra punch of muscle fuel not always easy to achieve in vegan soup recipes – 15g per serving, to be exact.
- 1 kg mixed mushrooms (chestnut, white button, portobello)
- 1 onion
- 1 red chilli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of white miso
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 300ml coconut cream (full fat)
- 800ml vegetable stock (boiled water and 1 stock cube)
- 4 tbsp Form Pureblend
- Wash and finely slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the chilli, then peel and finely slice the onion and garlic.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cook until softened.
- Followed by the garlic and chilli, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and tamari. Stir gently until softened.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the miso paste and Pureblend.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth in a blender or with a hand-held blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.