Treat yourself to chocolate heaven with this decadent Mocha Mud Cake. We collaborated with speciality coffee roasters Two Chimps to create a failsafe coffee-infused chocolate cake. Enjoy slices mid-morning or top with plant-based cream for a deliciously indulgent dessert!
For the Cake:
- 90g self-raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g Performance Tiramisu
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 40g cocoa powder
- 140ml very strongly brewed hot coffee
- 80ml coconut oil, melted
- 150ml maple syrup
- 80ml plant-based milk
- Grated chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans, to decorate
For the Frosting:
- 40g Performance Tiramisu
- 80g plant-based yoghurt alternative
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- Grease and line two sandwich tins with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, Performance Tiramisu, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa and hot coffee. Then whisk in the coconut oil, maple syrup and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Divide between the tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the tins.
- For the frosting, stir together the Performance Tiramisu, cocoa powder and yoghurt. Add the milk, a little at a time and mix well. You might not need all of the milk. Sandwich the cakes together with half of the frosting and spread the remainder on top. Decorate with grated chocolate or chocolate-covered coffee beans.