This cheesecake is perfect for Thanksgiving and we’re adding this Pecan Pie Protein Cheesecake to our list of things to be thankful for!
This is a healthy spin on a holiday classic that just happens to be gluten-free and vegan, making it perfect for catering to various dietary needs.
- 120g Oat Flour (blended oats)
- 30g Coconut Oil, melted
- 30g Coconut Sugar
- 60ml Warm Water
- 150g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 200g Vegan Yoghurt (Greek-style or Coconut)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 70g Performance Vanilla
- 60g Coconut Sugar
- 100g Vegan Yoghurt
- 50g or more Pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan and lightly grease an 8-inch spring-form cake tin.
- Add the crust ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. If your mixture is too wet, add some more oat flour; if too dry, add a splash of water.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your cake tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Add the filling ingredients to a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk until smooth. Transfer the mixture onto your crust then pop into the freezer for at least an hour to set.
- Once the filling has set, prepare the caramel sauce by combining coconut sugar and yoghurt in a saucepan on medium heat, stir for a couple of minutes until golden brown and combined (but not hot) then remove from heat and fold in pecan nuts.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin then pour the pecan caramel sauce on top. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes then serve!