Thai Sweet Potato Soup
This protein-packed Thai Sweet Potato soup is taken from our Savoury Recipe book, a free download featuring 10 easy-to-make dips and soups made using our unflavoured Pureblend protein.
Packed full of beta-carotene, this soup is great for boosting your immune system and keeping your skin healthy.
Best of all, the addition of four tablespoons of Form’s Pureblend protein in this recipe will add an extra punch of muscle fuel not always easy to achieve in vegan soup recipes – 15g per serving, to be exact.
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 1 large onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 300ml coconut cream (full fat)
- 700ml vegetable stock (boiled water and 1 stock cube)
- 4 tbsp Form Pureblend
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato and boil for 15 minutes until it is very tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, red chilli, and lemongrass.
- In another pan, add the coconut oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chilli, ginger, lemongrass and Thai red curry paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the sweet potato, coconut cream and vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add Pureblend, then blend until smooth in a blender in batches or with a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.