When it comes to post-lunch treats, this scrumptious chai spiced banana loaf is hard to beat. Making between eight to ten slices, serve this to all your friends and revel in their disbelief that these are a) not loaded with white sugar and b) that they’re completely vegan.
- 100g Ripe banana, mashed
- 80g Pitted Medjool dates
- 250ml Oat milk
- 1 tbsp Chai spices
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 50g Coconut sugar
- 40g Performance Banoffee/Vanilla
- 150g Self-raising GF flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 40g Blanched hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180c fan. Finely chop the pitted dates.
- In a pan, mix the oat milk, chai spices, vanilla extract, banana and dates on medium heat. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes until dates have softened and mix is thickened.
- Let it cool down while you mix the dry ingredients together. Sieve in the powders one by one.
- Add the dry ingredients into the date mix. Stir well and slowly add in the melted coconut oil.
- Pour the mix into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 mins. We like to slice and serve it while it’s still warm from the oven.