Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
This is Summer in a bowl! The combination of mangoes, bananas, passionfruit and coconut milk will transport you to a sunny tropical beach. Not only will this smoothie bowl uplift your spirits but it is also packed with health boosting ingredients. Mangoes are a great source of vitamin A, C, B6, folate, copper, fibre and antioxidants. Whereas Ginger can help boost your immune system, and is an anti-inflammatory. It has been shown to provide support for digestive issues. Ginger is also a natural source of melatonin which helps with sleep. And finally Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-microbial ingredient. Studies have found turmeric to be capable of enhancing antibody response which boosts immunity.
- 150g Frozen mangos
- 100g Frozen bananas
- 30g Performance Vanilla or Superblend Vanilla
- 150ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Grated fresh turmeric or 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Turmeric granola by Verena’s Kitchen
- Coconut flakes
- Passion fruit
- Place the frozen bananas and mangos in a powerful blender and wait 5-10 minutes for them to soften before blending.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl prepare your protein cream by mixing Performance/Superblend Vanilla, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Pour the mix into the blender, add the ginger and turmeric and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Top with granola and enjoy!