In our book pancakes are just too good to only enjoy the one day of the year. These tasty, Form-packed delights take after the continent, as opposed to the stacks favoured by our American cousins, which makes them easier to fill with whatever accompaniment you like; we’ve gone for dairy-free yoghurt and sliced blood oranges for a sophisticated tang.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 ½ cups almond milk
- 2½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Performance Vanilla (also works with Banoffee)
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1-2 tsp oil for greasing
- 150g dairy-free yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blood or regular oranges, sliced
- Poppy seeds
- Add all the crêpe ingredients to a blender, whizz until just combined, making sure it's free from lumps, then set aside. Place a large, non-stick pan on a medium to high heat, and add a little oil. Once it's hot, pour in some of the batter and tilt the pan to spread it out as thinly as possible.
- Brown the crêpe on both sides, a few minutes each side, before flipping and set aside while you make the next one – you can pile them up and keep them warm in the oven, or serve as you go.
- To serve, stir the maple syrup into the yogurt, fold each crêpe into quarters, then top with some yogurt, a few slices of orange, a sprinkling of poppy seeds, and maple syrup.