Crispy, fluffy, versatile, plant-based and gluten-free, these waffles are a weekend must! There is a world of possibilities for toppings: fresh berries with nut butter, banana slices with toasted almond and maple syrup. Here we’ve topped it with spiced apple compote and coconut yogurt. Enjoy!
- 180g Ripe bananas, mashed
- 180ml Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Almond extract
- 100g Gluten-free self-raising flour
- 40g Performance Vanilla
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas together with coconut oil, almond & vanilla extract and almond milk.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients, and add in the banana mix and stir until it's a smooth dough.
- Lightly grease your waffle maker with coconut oil, wait until it's warm.
- Fill your waffle maker carefully leaving room for the waffle to expand.
- Cook for approximately 12-15 minutes. Only remove the waffle once it has a firm, golden and crispy shell. Do not open the machine as it will damage the waffle.
- Serve with spiced apple compote and coconut yogurt.