We have to say this is an insanely good vegan breakfast recipe is super quick and easy to prepare. Courtesy of Food by Maria this banana and cinnamon apple recipe works great as a quick snack and can easily be doubled or tripled to please the whole family. Ready in 10 minute we suggest you get cracking!
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- hot water
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced in half length wise
- 1 tsp coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- few sprigs of mint
- 1 tbsp peanut butter - homemade or pressed
- 2 tbsp pomegranates
- dusting of chia seeds
- Into a medium sized sauce pan add all your ingredients for your oats. Just cover ingredients with water and let it boil on low heat till cooked.
- In a pan add your coconut oil, let it heat then add your banana and apples. Cook down for around 5 minutes and flip your banana half way through. At the last minute add your cinnamon and let the flavours marry.
- Add your oats to a bowl and add your apples and banana.
- Top as you please and enjoy hot!
- That simple!