Stuck for date night ideas? How about baking these delicious cookies from Eat And Bloom. Dates are a rich source of anti-oxidants and can be great for maintaining your blood sugar balance. They are also a surprising brain booster thanks to their high levels of choline, a B vitamin that’s a component in acetylcholine, the memory neuro-transmitter.
So if you’re studying, or just have a tough day at work ahead, bake some of these cookies in advance, and have them on the side as a brainy snack.
- 7 Medjool dates
- 75ml coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp Form unflavoured Pureblend Protein
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- A pinch of salt
- Set oven for 170C.
- Put the dates and coconut oil in a food processor, mix for 5-10 seconds, scrape down and mix again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix again for 10-20 seconds - you still want a bit of texture, so stop before its completely smooth.
- Take a tbsp of the cookie dough and roll into a ball before flattening on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.