Try this beautiful berry and fig extravaganza, on top of a vegan sweet potato brownie bake from the super-talented Samantha Hadadi complete with our scrumptious Form toffee flavoured protein.
This recipe is adapted from Hadadi’s brownie tray bake, so if you’re not much of a decorator you can do away with the cream cheese frosting and berries, and enjoy as it is.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g block vegan butter
- 170g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Superblend Toffee
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Large pinch salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dairy-free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup, to taste
- Assortment of berries and figs
- Preheat your oven to 200C, then line a circular brownie tin and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and bake until tender (around 40 minutes). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. Turn the oven down to 180C.
- Once your sweet potatoes are cool, heat the butter until melted. Add the chopped dark chocolate, allow to sit for a few minutes, then stir until smooth and completely melted (if it won’t melt, then gently apply a touch more heat until it does!).
- Whisk in the aquafaba, vanilla and sugar.
- Place the chocolate mixture into the blender, along with one cup of cooked sweet potato, and the plant milk. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Fold in the wet chocolate mixture, then stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared baking tin.
- Place in the oven at 180C to bake for 24 minutes, or until firm on top but still slightly wobbly. Allow to cool, then transfer to the fridge overnight.
- In the meantime, whisk together your cream cheese ingredients, then also place in the fridge to firm. Spread over your cooled cake, and decorate with fruit before serving.