When it comes to post-lunch treats, these light and fluffy toffee apple muffins are hard to beat. Alternatively, they’re a sweet tooth quenching after-dinner dessert that won’t derail any diets, getting the bulk of their sweetness from apples, Form’s naturally-sweetened toffee Superblend Protein, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and only two Medjool dates.
Making between six and eight muffins, serve to friends and revel in their disbelief that these are a/ not loaded with sugar and b/ that they’re completely vegan.
If you need any more recipe inspiration then look no further than our delicious protein muffins guide.
- 2 apples
- 3 tbsp crunchy almond butter
- 200ml unsweetened plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g gluten-free flour
- 40g Form toffee Superblend Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Himalayan salt
- 2 Medjool dates (pitted & chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grate 1 and ⅔ of the apple. The remaining third will be used for decoration on top
- Combine the grated apple with the plant milk, crunchy almond butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, toffee Superblend Protein, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, then add to the large bowl.
- Fold in the chopped dates and, when evenly spread through, empty the mixture into a muffin tray allowing space for the muffins to rise.
- Place a thin slice of apple vertically into each of the mixes before baking in the oven for 10 minutes. Once risen, turn the oven down to 160°C and leave for a further 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.