Sweet toothed people of the world unite; we have a treat for you that will more than satisfy. Made using our popular protein powder, these cupcakes harness the protein powder’s deliciously sweet flavour for a scrumptious cupcake for the ages. Use the recipe to make six to eight cupcakes and share them around your family and friends.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp/14g flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp/75ml water)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 5 tbsp oat milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp Superblend Toffee/Vanilla or Performance Banoffee/Vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ sea salt
- 150ml of the thick part only from a tin of chilled full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp Superblend Vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with 6-8 paper liners.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed and water and letting it rest for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Next add bananas and mash. Add maple syrup, vanilla, oat milk, almond butter and stir.
- In another bowl mix the almond meal, oat flour, protein, baking powder and salt, and stir once more. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and put the mixture into your baking tray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Using a hand mixer whizz all the frosting ingredients together until smooth and firm.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and rest in the muffin tray for five minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack before using a spatula or flat knife to decorate the cupcakes with the frosting.