Baked donuts that are fluffy, light and nourishing. A lovely option for afternoon tea.
- 1 cup Self-raising flour
- ½ cup Stevia Pure Via or coconut sugar
- A large pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbs Corn flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Performance Banoffee
- 3 & ½ tbsp of Almond/cashew milk
- ½ Mashed banana (50g)
- 1/4 cup Groundnut oil
- 1 tbs Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- ¾ cup Vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Performance Banoffee
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan160°C/Gas 4, and grease one 12-ring or two 6-ring doughnut moulds.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the doughnut moulds and bake for 15 minutes. Check to see if they're ready by inserting a skewer – if it comes out clean, they're done. If not, return them to the oven for five more minutes.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool in their moulds for 5-10 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, beat the glaze ingredients together until silky smooth.
- Dip each cooled doughnut into the glaze, and give them a little twist to remove, before placing them back on the cooling rack. To finish sprinkle with ground cinnamon and banana chips.