These vegan, chocolate espresso & pistachio crunchies by @wholesomeambs look mighty delicious. Tuck into a naturally sweetened crispy base packed with healthy fats, layered with a smooth chocolate espresso frosting and a sprinkle of pistachios
- 150g raw buckwheat
- 25g unsalted pistachios (or any other nut you fancy)
- 1tbsp coffee granules
- 40g cacao powder
- 60g almond butter
- Pinch of salt
- 240g medjool dates, pitted
- 50ml Unsweetened oat milk
- 10g Performance Tiramisu
- 60g oat flour
- 100g chocolate
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- tsp coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 170°c & spread out the buckwheat groats onto a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins.
- Soak the dates in a cup of boiling water for 5 mins.
- In a food processor, combine the almond butter, oat milk, salt, cacao, coffee, pistachios & dates. Then blend until smooth-ish.
- Add in the oat flour and tiramisu protein and blend again.
- Now take the roasted buckwheat and manually mix in the grouts with a spoon into the chocolate batter.
- Line a small box or tin with baking paper and press the mixture down firmly into the box and smooth out the top as best you can.
- Place in the freezer for 30 mins while you make the topping.
- Melt down the chocolate and coconut oil and mix together. In a separate cup take the coffee granules and add a teeny bit of boiling water, just enough to dissolve them. Then combine with the chocolate & oil.
- Spread on top of the frozen crunchy base and sprinkle on your chopped pistachios. place back in the freezer to harden.
- Finally once the chocolate frosting has set, slice carefully into bars of cubes!