Chocolate Protein Balls
If you’re not a fan of using dates as a main base for your protein energy balls then this recipe is perfect for you. Featuring oats as the main ingredient instead, it provides a cheaper alternative for your protein energy balls. Oats are an incredible ingredient, it contains the prebiotic fibre beta-glucan, as well as phenolic acids that offer antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection.
- 150g Oat flour
- 60g Performance Chocolate Peanut or Chocolate Hazelnut
- 60g Dates
- 60g Peanut butter or Hazelnut butter
- 180ml Oat milk
- 1 tsp Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 40g 70% Dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a moist crumble.
- Using your hands, squeeze a small amount of the mixture and then roll into balls.
- Keep in the fridge and consume within five days.
- Optional: Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain-marie, dip the balls into it and place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour until the chocolate hardens.