Make it a date night to remember with these scrumptious oat and date cookies from Merry_Travels. Vegan and gluten-free, leave them in the oven a tad bit longer if you like your edges crispy like we do.
- 7 Medjool dates⠀
- 75ml coconut oil⠀
- 1 medium banana ⠀
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3tbsp water)⠀
- 1 Cup GF rolled oats ⠀
- 2 Scoops Form Nutrition Vanilla Performance Protein ⠀
- Pinch of salt ⠀
- Pre-heat oven to 170 °C.⠀
- Make 'chia egg' by combining 1tbsp of chia seeds and 3tbsp of water in a mug. Place in fridge to set. ⠀
- Remove seeds from Medjool dates and chop dates into chunks.⠀
- Place chopped dates and coconut oil in food processor and blitz for 30 seconds. ⠀
- Add rolled oats, banana, protein powder, salt & chia egg (once set it will be a sticky, jelly-like mixture) and continue to blitz until well mixed. You want some texture to your cookies though so don't over blend. ⠀
- Using a tablespoon, transfer a spoonful of cookie mixture onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper & flatten to form a cookie shape.⠀
- If you want to add chocolate chips or nuts, simply push them onto the top of your cookies at this stage.⠀
- Bake cookies in oven for around 15 minutes, or until baked to your taste.