Not only is this gooey brownie from Flexi Vegan Diary a delicious treat, but it’s also surprisingly healthy. Made gluten-free and without refined sugar, the bulk of the brownies is made using sweet potato and medjool dates. Both are packed with immune-boosting antioxidants while the former is extremely high in fibre.
This makes is a slow burning starch, meaning it won’t spike your blood sugar and insulin levels, while also having numerous benefits in terms of your gut health.
- 250g Sweet potato
- 265g Black beans
- 75g Nut butter
- 60g Buckwheat flour
- 60g Form Performance Chocolate Peanut vegan protein powder
- 30g Cacao
- 115g Medjool dates
- 1 flax-egg (1 tbsp flaxseeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 tbsp of chopped dark chocolate
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees F /175 degrees C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Cook in boiling water until soft and drain it.
- Remove stones from dates and let them soak in boiling water for 10 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor add in all the wet ingredients. Blend until smooth. Then add in the dry ingredients and blend again.
- Place the batter into the tray, and with a large spoon spread the batter evenly. On top divide the chopped nuts & dark chocolate and sprinkle the sea salt.
- Place it in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick or a knife to see if it's done. Its okay if the toothpick/knife doesn't comes out perfectly clean.
- Let them cool down for at least 10-15 minutes and enjoy