Delicious plums, crumbly oats and Form’s very own vanilla protein powder; what’s not to love. Find the recipe for these plum crumble bars by Flexi Vegan Diary below.
- 1/2 cup Performance vanilla protein powder (50g)
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats (150g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (80ml)
- 1/3 cup maple/agave syrup (80ml)
- 1/3 cup unsalted natural cashew butter or almond butter (80ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Performance vanilla protein powder (15g)
- 4 tbsp rolled/quick oats (60g)
- 2 cups of ripe plums (325g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds (15g)
- Preheat oven to 175 C /350F.
- Put the plums in a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Then turn the heat down and cook for 5-7 more minutes until the plums are softened. Remove from the heat and blend the plums until smooth. Put it back on the heat and add in the chia seeds before cooking for another 5-7 minutes. Once done, allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vanilla protein powder, quick oats, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apple sauce, maple syrup, cashew/almond butter, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry until just combined.
- Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the oat base mixture in a small bowl. Add to this small bowl 1 tbsp of protein powder and 4 tbsp rolled/quick oats. Mix until crumbly.
- Transfer the rest of the base mixture into a lined 8x8 pan and spread out evenly.
- Add the plum chia jam on top and spread out until it just touches the edges. Divide the oat crumble on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool, and then slice into equal bars.