In these winter months, breakfast doesn’t get any more reliable than a warming bowl of creamy porridge. You’ll likely be looking for a reliable porridge recipe to fall back on then, and this fruity version with berries compote won’t disappoint. Make your compote early in the week and keep in the fridge for when needed. Quick, easy, and always delicious.
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice (roughly ½ orange)
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 50g oats
- 200ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp Performance Vanilla/Banoffee protein
- ½ tsp orange extract
- Add all ingredients, except chia seeds, to a saucepan on medium heat and let it simmer for ten minutes. Be gentle when mixing so the fruits don’t break down.
- Turn off the heat and add the chia seeds, mix it and let it rest for 5-10 minutes so the chia seeds absorbs the liquid giving the fruit compote a thicker texture.
- Stir all the ingredients — except for the protein powder — in a saucepan on low heat until creamy.
- Once porridge achieves the desired consistency, remove it from heat.
- Add in the protein, mix well. Transfer it into your bowl.
- Top with your choice of toppings — we like pears and granola — and enjoy!