Green peas are one of the best plant-based sources of protein. In addition, they are high in fibre – hence why they are so filling.
Best of all, the addition of four tablespoons of Form’s Pureblend protein in this recipe will add an extra punch of muscle fuel not always easy to achieve in vegan soup recipes – 15g per serving, to be exact.
- 300g peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium courgette
- 500g spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 700ml vegetable stock (boiled water and a stock cube)
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 tbsp Form Pureblend
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic cloves.
- Chop the courgette into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onions until softened.
- Then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette and peas and pour in the hot vegetable stock.
- Let it simmer for around 10 minutes, until the courgette and peas are tender.
- Finally, add the spinach, mint leaves and Pureblend and remove from the heat.
- Blend until smooth in a blender or with a hand held blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.