Who doesn’t like a chocolate treat and especially a chocolate milkshake? If you’re avoiding dairy for whatever reason we have a fantastic vegan chocolate milkshake recipe here for you from Venetia Falconer.
It’s a double whammy of homemade cashew butter (you could cheat and just buy this in…) and a dairy-free plant-based chocolate mylkshake. Super easy, super delicious, the perfect treat, enjoy!
You can see the original recipe here and also watch Venetia making it over on Tastemade here.
- 200g cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of the homemade cashew butter
- 1 small tbsp tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1-2 dates
- 400ml of plant based milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan salt
- ice to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the nuts onto a baking tray and place in a hot oven for 10 minutes
- Place the cooled cashews into the blender, scraping down the sides with a knife if they get stuck as they grind down
- After about 10 minutes, they should have turned into a creamy consistency, then add the salt and vanilla and blend for another minute.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Peel and cut the banana into bitesize pieces and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours
- Once the banana has frozen, add all the ingredients into a blender
- Once everything has blended, pour into a glass and serve with ice and a straw